Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jerry Seinfeld Personal Archives

Seinfeld fans, rejoice!

Visit www.JerrySeinfeld.com to view three video "bits," chosen from Jerry's 30 years of comedy. The clips will only be available for 24 hours before Jerry chooses three new clips. Check Jerry's tour dates to see if he's coming to a city near you.

In 1989, my brother asked if I had seen The Seinfeld Chronicles; I hadn't. When the show later became simply known as Seinfeld, he'd ask, "Are you watching Seinfeld yet?" and I'd say, "No...I haven't gotten around to it yet," because of my alternating shifts. He'd insist, "You have to watch it!" I'd say, "Yeah, yeah...one of these days."

I finally caught my first episode in late 1992, and it turned out to be "The Contest," which later won an Emmy.  I immediately knew what my brother had been talking about. I called him and went on about how much I loved Seinfeld. I've been watching it ever since.

I lost my brother ten years ago this month. He was 37 years old when he was killed in a motorcycle accident on May 20, 2001. He is missed dearly.

When I watch Seinfeld, I feel like my brother's laughing right alongside me. It's a great comfort.

Follow the official Seinfeld page on Facebook. You can catch re-runs on TBS.

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen, I'm glad that "Seinfeld" not only brings you laughs but brings you comfort about your brother.

    It's still one of my favorite shows and I'm hard-pressed to pick a favorite episode. My husband loves the "Soup Nazi/Shmoopie" and "The Intern" episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeline,
    Thanks for your kind words. Oh, how it does help ease the pain to laugh along with something my brother so cherished.

    There are so many good ones...I love the Marble Rye episode...the Pony Remark...the Hamptons/"Shrinkage" ~ the list goes on, right? Glad you enjoy it, too :-)

    ReplyDelete