Friday, October 8, 2010

The Ultimate Flash Fiction Package

To celebrate the upcoming November 1st release of W.W. Norton's Hint Fiction: An Anthology of Stories in 25 Words or Fewer, the editor, Robert Swartwood, is hosting a contest. From those who leave a comment with links announcing this contest (either through Twitter, Facebook, blog post, etc.), a random winner will be chosen to receive eight anthologies (flash, short, micro, hint), valued at $120.
The contest runs until midnight, October 31, 2010, EST. Five runners-up will receive a copy of the Hint Fiction anthology.

For more details, and a list of those terrific books ~ go straight to the source!

I recently received my contributor's copy of the Hint Fiction anthology, and I must say, I am impressed. What a gem of a collection. Each story is like unwrapping and savoring a piece of candy. I am thrilled to have a story in this anthology.

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kathleen - I love my contributor's copy, too! And your story was so well done! Like I mentioned over in my blog's comment section, your story literally made me gasp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madeline,
    Thanks for visiting ~ and writing such a lovely comment. Unfortunately, it is based on a scene I witnessed as a police officer. Two little boys, brothers, perished in a fire after playing with matches on a mattress. The attempt was made to drag that burning mattress down the steps and onto the front lawn, but then they couldn't get back in to save those boys. They were hiding behind the dresser because their mother screamed at them. It's a haunting, chilling scene that will now live forever in that little powerhouse of a book. Congratulations to you and a job well done!

    ReplyDelete